Tuesday 22 October 2019

Paper binds us all

..."1991 will always be unforgettable for me too, as the year when the Republic of Kazakhstan was born amid the shock and turbulence resulting from the collapse of the Soviet Union. It is in 1991 that modern Kazakhstan was founded, establishing the priorities and principles which have guided us on the long road we have walked since then..."

So goes an excerpt from the reply I recently received from ambassador Erlan Idrissov.

Kazakhstan is the first country to reply to my appletye.org 100 years of paper project, and the ambassador very kindly also sent me a map of the countries born that year. Have to say I was genuinely moved to receive it. I wasn't sure if any country would reply, but to receive even one response (and such an uplifting one) is truly appreciated.

Hopefully there are more to follow...who knows???

No comments: